HERSELF

*Ryanna Gonzales*
*Nineteen Eighty*
*Marital Bliss*
*Mum to 4 Kids*
*Believe In Herself*
*World Of Her Own*
*Ryan Giggs*
*Raul Gonzales*
*Manchester United*

HER BABE

Adriana
7 December 2005

HER MUNCHKIN

Aqil
16 February 2008

HER TWINS TYKES

Alhan
16 March 2009

THE PAST

Friday, February 22, 2008

THE BIRTH OF AQIL

Today marks Aqil's 7th day and he's progressing well. The something new that happens to me is being shoot by his birdie a couple of times. The positive part is that he responds well to breasfeeding and had no problem to latch onto my nipples. My milk flow is reasonable but of course not forgeting the earlier stage that is engorgement!

Actually I'm a bit of hesitated to type out the birth entry because of the experience I had kind of emotional. Probably because I intend to compare my current experience with the one I had with Adriana, which was rather easy and smooth. This time round it was a whole new experience.

Our 3 days and 2 nights stay at East Shore hospital as what the man described as staying over at a hotel. The man accompanied me over the night and he was excited to sleep over! Surprisingly, the ward was crowded and a check with a nurse, there were 24 babies in the nursery room on Saturday!

It began with my last appointment with the gynae after much complaint and sympathetic, he suggested to meet again on the 16th at the hospital for VE and we agreed. Still, I might or might not be giving birth on that day, depending if I was dilated. Furthermore I did not encounter any contraction at all. At 9am, he checked on me and I was already 3cm dilated. He tried to burst my waterbag thrice but failed. He estimated that I will give birth after asar prayers or close to magrib and he left to his clinic. At 11am, I felt water gushing out and I called out for the nurse. My water bag had burst and the game has begun. At 1217hrs, my contraction was at the peak. I didn't try on the gas mask because I knew it will shag me out at the later stage. The man was standing besides me, saying prayers. I was bearing the pain with my eyes closed. That was then tears rolled down my cheeks. Suddenly I was thinking of Adriana. I didn't know why but I felt that I have let her down. I was wondering what she was doing during that time at my parents' place. She was still sleeping when I left the house. The man did not utter a word upon seeing those tears, he quietly wiped them off. I was perspiring and my throat and lip run dry. I then asked for a slip of water. It was at 1345hrs, I realized that I got the urge to push. I whispered to the man who informed the nurse and she called the doctor. He was at the clinic, attending to his many patients. He said to call him again when at least the head was protruding out. At that point of time, only a bit of his hair could be seen. I was trying to keep compose and gathering all the energy I had in order to push. After a few attempts, at 1400hrs, half of the top of the head could be seen. The nurse called for the doctor. I was able to relax then while waiting for his appearance as all I needed to do was to give one hard push. At 1415hrs, the doctor arrived and I felt relieved upon seeing him. After he got his stuff ready, he asked me to give a hard push. I opened my eyes and looked at him, inhale and exhale, gathered all the energy left and with one hard push, out came my son. I could actually felt he came out of me and with all the other stuff the doctor did down there. I got to hold him for awhile before passing him to the man to do the prayers and back to the nurse.

As for Aqil, he did not cry when he was out. The nurse inserted a tube into his mouth to suck out the fluids and pat on his buttock. Still, he only let out funny noises. Therefore he was on an observation at the Neonatal Intensive Care to ensure everything was fine. After checking on his lungs, breathing and feedings, he was transfer to the nursery room. Phew! We were extremely worried at first and only comforted once he joined with the rest of the other babies in the nursery room.

As for Adriana, she was excited upon seeing Aqil. She will always be besides anyone who is attending to her brother. She will stroke him and said, "sayang adik." I believe that she will be one loving and caring sister.

Aqil at 1 week old


Ogy signed off at 10:10 PM

+ + + + + + +

COPYRIGHT 2004 RYANNA GONZALES ALL RIGHTS RESERVED