|
HERSELF
*Nineteen Eighty* *Marital Bliss* *Mum to 4 Kids* *Believe In Herself* *World Of Her Own* *Ryan Giggs* *Raul Gonzales* *Manchester United*
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
HER BABE 7 December 2005 ![]() HER MUNCHKIN 16 February 2008 ![]() HER TWINS TYKES 16 March 2009 ![]()
Aryan 16 March 2009 ![]() THE PAST
|
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 THE BIRTH OF ADRIANA How times flies...Today marked Adriana's 7th day and she's progressing well. Entering to a new arena, waking up wee hours to entertain her needs, her frequent poo-poo, bathing and changing her clothes(despite mummy's fear of her delicate body) and breastfeeding(though it was tough at first). Let me recap my 3 days 2 nites stay at east shore hospital. The date was 6 dec. Dad was sending me to work that morning and I started to experience the contraction while in the car. The start time was 0820hrs. The whole morning while in office, I timed and the contraction was 10-15 mins apart. I called hubby, who just reached home from his nite shift, and he told me to monitor further. I was chatting thru email with my 3 friends and all of them advised to proceed to hospital. I hanged on, thinking it was still too early as she was due end of the month! I called hubby again and we decided to call our gynae and was informed to proceed to the hospital in the afternoon. We were startled cos we would expect him to tell us to go to his clinic instead. Hubby came to fetch me from the office. I didn't alert any of my colleagues in case it might be a false alarm, instead I just indicated that I have doctor appt in the afternoon. With hubby forgotten to take the most important bag along, we were back home to grab it. As we drove in the hospital, our gynae was at the entrance and I smiled at him. "Masih boleh senyum?" Was I supposed to be wailing in pain?! Done with the registration, I was sent up in a wheel chair to the delivery section. After changing and pee, I was on this monitoring machine. After much monitoring, the graph did indicate I was experiencing the 10 minutes contraction. We waited and waited. Hubby was feeling sleepy as he didn't get a wink after returning from werk in the morning. Doctor came over and after much checking (yes, including that finger session), he said I'll either give birth that nite or the next morning. At about 2200hrs, I was led to the labour ward and at 2230hrs, he broke my water bag. The waiting game carried on. At 0030hrs, the contraction came but this time, it was horrible and I had to rely on the gas mask which made my head spinning and throat run dry! By then, hubby was sound asleep in that comfortable black armchair. I didn't have the heart to wake him up to keep me accompany, imagine not getting any sleep after back from his 12 hours shift. The midwives came in to check every now and then including the finger session again. Hourly passed and I was determined to endure the pain. 0500hrs, I could felt she's down there, wanting to squeeze out. The 2 midwives were getting the stuff ready. 0515hrs, one of them called the doctor and said I was ready to deliver. By that time, one of the midwives showed hubby our baby's head, which could be seen partially. While waiting for the doctor's arrival, the midwives said that I could start to push slowly. How am I supposed to push slowly?! 0530hrs,doctor made his appearance. The first thing he asked hubby what's the score of the soccer match that morning. One of the midwives, told him that hubby was a good boy as he slept thru as per instructed by him. I thought that I didn't have the energy to push due to the lack of sleep and the little one choose to be out during the wee hours. I was pushing with my eyes closed plus half asleep and everything happened so fast, and for all I know, I felt something gushing out. She was quiet, till one of the midwives used a tube to suck out from the throat and with a pat or two; she started to cry in her soft voice. Our dear daughter,in pink skin and red lips,weighing 2.55kg, was delivered at 0545hrs. Tiny but healthy, she was brought home on 8 dec. It was a smooth and breeze delivery...Alhamdulillah... ![]() COPYRIGHT 2004 RYANNA GONZALES ALL RIGHTS RESERVED |
|